I can't believe some of the things that have become so popular over the years!
I remember being in 2nd grade when Jams became popular and I just had to have a pair. Jams were only the most popular shorts of the eighties. Although there were some designs for girls, they were mostly for boys, but I was the biggest tom boy ever, so it was completely okay.
When these crazy pieces of stretchy rubber first came out, the most popular designs were...CIRCLES! Your telling me it took this many years to come up with the animal shapes that started the whole silly bandz craze?
Wow! We can land on the moon but we never, before now, thought to change the shape of the rubber band. And now that we finally have, I bet the profits off these babies have exceeded the cost of the first moon landing. Silly ol' earthlings!
Gradually, new shapes were added and now you can find them in your favorite sports teams and animated characters.
I recently received some of the new silly bandz designs from Allison, a marketing coordinator for Bulls-i-Toys, for my kids to check out and to use in a giveaway. The moment these came out of the package, they were all over them.
.
Here is the chance for one lucky Six Cherries on Top reader to win
Two Packs of 24 Bandz of the ew
Shrek and Looney Tunes Silly Bandz
(one 24 pack of Shrek and one 24 pack of Looney Tunes)
Mandatory Entry: In a comment, tell me one toy, board game, doll, article of clothing or any other item that you remember being a trend when you were a child and that you just had to have.
Entra Entries: You can tweet, facebook, grab my button, or blog about it for extra entries.
**Don't Forget to do the Mandatory Entry first or all other entries will not be counted.
**Remember: Please leave a separate comment for each entry and leave a valid email address so I can contact you if you win.
WARNING!
PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING
The label on the silly bandz products states as follows: Ages 5+ WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD-Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Not to sound like a witch, but if you can not monitor your child properly or use common sense while your child is wearing silly bandz, please do not enter to win. I hold no responsibility for injuries from the products won on my blog. I do not intentionally hold giveaways for items that I know cause injury. As with any product, warnings should be read and followed to ensure safety.
...
This Giveaway will end at 11:59 (EST) on 08/08/10 and is open to U.S. Residents only. The winner will be chosen at random via random.org and will be announced here and notified by email. You must be 18 years or older to enter.
The featured product{s} in this post were provided to me free of charge by the manufacturer or pr company representing the company. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by anyone. By entering this giveaway you agree to Six Cherries on Top Disclaimer/Terms of use.
