Friday, July 30, 2010

Fat Butt Friday - Confession Time


"One of my New Year's wishes was to shed some of the weight I had gained during my pregnancy with Little Monster, and so in my attempt to do so, I felt it was harder to hide late night snacking and lack of motivation if I put myself on the line and in the spotlight. Every Friday, I will be sharing my weight loss journey (including my successes and failures), as well as delicious recipes, meal ideas, and exercise suggestions. Join me if you accept the challenge to lose weight and gain a healthier life! (Don't forget to grab my button in the sidebar)"

Shame on me! Shame, shame, shame!

All of this fun we have been having has caused me to throw my diet out the window.  I won't tell you what all I have eaten, but I will say that a lot of sugar was involved.  I have actually gained a couple pounds back, but way less than I thought I would have considering all of the unhealthy food I have ingested.  I have been fairly active too, thank goodness!

More food on my lips means more fat on my hips!  (I tried to make a corny rhyme right there)

I don't regret any of it though.  I know I need to lose the weight, I feel horrible about myself for making some wrong decisions lately, and I am not going to sit here and lie and say that I am going to get my act together right now.  Who am I kidding?  I am going on vacation next Sunday and I know there will probably be more eating involved.

But, also a lot of swimming, running, and walking too.  A whole lot of walking, in fact!  We are going to Williamsburg, Virginia to do some sight seeing in Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.  Plus, a few stops at Bush Gardens and Water Country USA and then a couple days at Virginia Beach. 

I am putting my recent failures out there because I hope that it shows others of you out there who have fallen off the wagon that you are not the only one. 

I really can't say what happened.  I have been enjoying the best summer ever with my kids and perhaps it has become the temporary distraction I have needed.  I was trying so hard to lose the weight and becoming so frustrated when I wasn't seeing results.  I am an EXTREMELY impatient person.

I will say this...














I just recently bought my Marine and I some of these. (left are mine, right is his) 

These are the new Nike+ shoes.  Stay tuned next week for my post on these and a funny story to go along with it.

Go get yourself a pair! They are so comfy! I have been on iTunes filling up my playlist with some awesome songs that I can move around to as I use the Nike+ feature on them.

What are some of your favorite songs that you have been enjoying recently?  I would love to hear some of your suggestions!

I hope everyone is still enjoying their Summer.  

Have a wonderful weekend! 

If you would like to be featured on Fat Butt Friday for your weight loss successes or would like to share some of your own product reviews relating to a healthy lifestyle, healthy recipes, or healthy lifestyle tips and tricks, please email me at moore8usa(at)yahoo(dot)com.  I would love to share your inspiring story or other helpful information with other readers.
Related Posts with Thumbnails