Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014 Color Me Rad 5k

CMR-RaleighNC-11227
CMR-RaleighNC-11226


If you follow me at all, then you know that this past weekend, Jason and I ran the Color Me Rad 5k. I pretty much blew up all of my social media about it! Although we have been running for awhile, this was the very first 5k we have ever signed up for. It was kind of like a day date for Jason and I because we almost never do anything together, but when we do, it's almost always something truly worth our time, since they are so rare. 


CMR-RaleighNC-11282
CMR-RaleighNC-12000

At no time was I nervous, but I was a little concerned about how I would do with "people obstacles". You know, all the other runners being so close to me. Usually it's just me and the treadmill or me and the open track, and never anyone around me. It started out a little slow, since the Color Me Rad is a fun run and a lot of people who sign up choose to walk, but once we got going and the people spread out, things weren't that bad. 


CMR-RaleighNC-14999
CMR-RaleighNC-20376


I definitely recommend Color Me Rad for first time 5k runners, especially if you aren't sure you can finish the race, running the entire time. Jason and I have already been looking at another 5k in May, and I hope we will be able to attend. We would love to train and eventually run a half marathon in the next couple of years even!


CMR-RaleighNC-13652
CMR-RaleighNC-13658


Have you ever run a 5k or even a marathon? What were some of your favorites?


Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | Email


Be sure to visit this month's featured sponsor.
Related Posts with Thumbnails