Please don't think my children sit and watch endless hours of uninterrupted television, THEY DON'T! In fact, during the school year, there is a no TV rule during the week. And depending on whether or not you have completed all assignments during the week, is the determining factor for whether or not my children are allowed to watch television on the weekend.
giant peach on a stick. my little ones called it a pumpkin.
But throughout the day when we have been home this Summer, the kids will sit down for a few minutes at a time and watch a few minutes before they are off again.
Usually, unless we are having Family Movie Night, if they sit there more than 10 minutes, then someone is sick, mad, or sad. TV watching = something is wrong.
We have DVR and On Demand, so if there is something we really want to watch, we will just watch it later.
Over the last couple of years, Disney has picked up several shows that even my Marine and I will sit and watch with the kids. I don't know if you know this, but Disney On Demand puts out their new shows one week ahead of schedule. So, if the new episode airs this Sunday at 7, then last Sunday, that same episode was available to watch On Demand.
That is a lot for someone who hardly watches TV to know, huh? Believe me, I didn't find it out myself! My Marine is the TV watching king. I promise you, I doubt I will ever meet another person who has seen as many hours of television as this man has, unless I meet Ebert himself. He seriously should have been a TV/movie critic. He can name over 200 TV shows, past and present, by the theme song.
But, going back to The Disney Channel, there are some shows on that channel that I think are hilarious. Perhaps, I am just having a hard time growing up, or perhaps it is because we are the epitome of all of these shows rolled into one. I just love these shows as much as my kids do.
Hannah Montana, Sweet Life on Deck, So Random, The Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie
The five shows we usually watch On Demand every week.
I just love that very show has a bone head - Jackson, Woody, Grady, Max, and PJ. The show wouldn't be good if not for these guys!
In each show, I see something that I wouldn't put past my own children. They're not bad kids, but you will definitely have to turn your head right after you reprimand them so they don't see you laugh. Especially when my 3 year old won't stay in her seat at dinner, I have told her a dozen times to get still, and suddenly you hear... "Hold still, you little son of a pepperoni!" (a recently made famous, in our house, line from Hannah Montana)
Turner Field in Atlanta. I am a Red Sox fan, but a game would have been awesome!
And it doesn't help that we are raising a bunch of little comedians. These kids will seriously have you rolling on the floor! I have to be careful about where I draw the line and step in as a parent when things get out of hand though.
Thank you Disney Channel for the rAnDoMnEsS you keep in our home and the smiles you keep on our faces!
Does anyone else watch any of these shows, and does anyone else find them as funny as I do?
Photos: Random mobile uploads from this years summer adventures.