Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just a Little Off the Sides Please!

Yesterday was our Little Monster's first birthday.  Since it was right in the middle of the week, and we have family spread from here to foreign countries, we decided against a big birthday party.  I wanted to have a party with all the sha-bang that you see most kids have for their first birthday, but it is hard to get so many people who live so far away to all come together on the same weekend without there being a scheduling issue.

But don't worry, he will have a cake, and he did get some gifts from family, and he will have a mini party at Poppy's and Grandma Darling's house this Saturday.  My (step) Mom makes delicious cakes, and I had decided long ago, as I planned his this-party-will-never-happen party in my head, that I wanted a Ghostbusters theme for my little guy's birthday.  Not the traditional theme, but I am a bit of a weirdo, so just go with me on this.

Here is the cake I found when I Googled Ghostbusters cakes.


The last time I sent my Mom a picture of a cake, she did an awesome job at creating something very similar to what the picture looked like.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with for Elijah's cake.

Since he had to go and have his first birthday during the week, he couldn't have had it on a better day.  Daddy's day off work

We gathered up all of the children and took the birthday boy to get his first hair cut.  I sent out a Twitter and Facebook plea for the best kids cuts place in our area, and everyone, I mean everyone, suggested JJ's Kids Cuts


first haircut 3


It really was the best place to go!  Cute little chairs for kids to sit on, different things like a car, a firetruck, and an airplane. In front of each little chair was a television where they put on a cute little movie (Elijah got Baby Einstein) to keep the child's attention.  Did it keep his attention? Nope!  He likes Handy Manny and Imagination Movers.  There was also an indoor playground and a video game area, but that didn't stop my children from causing chaos!


first haircut 1


Once Elijah finished his haircut, he got a My First Haircut certificate with his picture on it and a balloon.  All of my children and one balloon! Yeah right!  That was a nightmare!
  
first haircut 2

Doesn't my Little Monster look the most handsome with his new haircut?  

first haircut 4

This past year has gone by so fast, with it's ups and downs, but we have made it through, and I thank the Lord every day for this little guy (and all of my children), and all of the blessings I have in my life.
Related Posts with Thumbnails