Monday, August 16, 2010

A Fight Broke Out

The week right before we went on vacation, I decided to take the kids to the Natural Science Museum for the day to keep them busy and to get them out of the house.

DSC_2940 copy

The kids enjoyed seeing everything and learning some new stuff.

DSC_2941 copy

I even let Jake use the camera to snap some photos as well.  I will share them with you in another post probably tomorrow.  I must say he is the little picture taker.  He did an awesome job!  It was nice to see things through his eyes.

DSC_2933 copy

We were moving along at our own little pace, when suddenly, I look back and The Princess and the Pea are going at it.

DSC_2929 copy

Being so close in age, they tend to fight over everything.  EVERYTHING!  We usually have to buy doubles of everything to prevent the arguments (I think I have mentioned that before).

DSC_2916 copy

However, I can not control the fact that there was only one little golden frog looking right at us from behind the glass of one of the exhibits.  We looked, and looked and this little guy just kept looking back, and then I moved on to look at these guys, these green snakes.  We actually thought that a couple of them were fake (there were some stuffed animals throughout the museum), until they moved.

DSC_2914 copy

A sweet young couple was looking at them, and I commented on the ones that I knew were real, and then pointed to the one that was in some crazy position and suggested it was fake.  Then suddenly it moved, the young lady gave a little squeal and I got closer to look.

Meanwhile, right behind me, two little girls had engaged in a fight over who was going to stand at the window to look at the curious frog. It was a smack down in the the middle of the museum. Phoenix had knocked her baby sister into the floor.

Tyler's back was turned toward me, and as she started to get up, she began to climb back into her stroller.  As I walked around to the other side of her, I could see she was screaming...but there was no sound.  I am sure a lot of you with small children have witnessed the "quiet scream".  The kind where you think to yourself, "Goodness child, BREATH!"  

That was her!  

And before I could grab her up...

BAM!  

She passed out and fell back, out of her stroller, and into the floor. 

A little shaken, I scooped her up and gave her a little shake and she came to and took a deep breath.

Believe it or not, she used to pass out all of the time as a baby when she would get angry.  It has been a while, so it was completely unexpected. I have been told by her doctor on a number of occasions that it is not uncommon for this to happen to children.

I still don't like it! 

We took a short break so that I could make sure Tyler was okay (no scratches, no bruises, no concussions)  and to talk to both girls about their behavior, and then we moved on to the rest of the exhibits.

They really should tell that cute frog that it's not polite to stare!

DSC_2916 copy

This is not the first time my two little street fighters have gotten into it.  Remember when Tyler got a black eye?

**Giveaway Reminder**

Don't forget to check out my giveaway and enter for your chance to win!

Two reusable snack bags from Funky Joy. Ends 8/27
Related Posts with Thumbnails