You either LOVE 'em or you HATE 'em.
Me? I LOVE 'em!
So, my Marine and I were watching Hot Dog Paradise on The Travel Channel a few months back and up pops The Varsity. Immediately, my Marine starts telling me about how great the dogs at The Varsity are and...blah, blah, blah...I was actually watching the show for once so I missed what he said.
But, I was paying attention enough to know that when we took our day trip into Atlanta, I wanted to stop for a dog.
I say day trip into Atlanta, but his parents live like 15 minutes from downtown Atlanta.
Near home, there is a little hot dog joint called Shorty's that we love and I wanted to compare. I mean, Shorty's didn't make the Hot Dog Paradise list, but I think their hot dogs are pretty amazing.
The verdict: The Varsity deserves to be on that list!
I loved the atmosphere that you get with the whole package too. Something you don't get at Shorty's. The Varsity is the World's Largest Drive-In Restaurant in fact, but we sat inside. Hot dogs and kids are a bad idea in a minivan, and I didn't want to see how bad of an idea it is.
The restaurant itself can hold over 800 people inside and 600 cars outside in the drive-in.
The kids favorite part...The FREE hats!
If you are ever in Atlanta, you have to stop by The Varsity for a dog...a Hot Dog!
Here is the video from The Travel Channel. It is a bit long but you will enjoy watching it!
Click the link to see the other places on the Hot Dog Paradise list.
Don't forget to visit The Varsity website for more info. and to check out their full menu too.
And if you live in my area, or are gonna be in my area, be sure to check out Shorty's in downtown Wake Forest, NC.