Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekly Wishes #19

weeklyheaderpicture


last weeks wishes

Prepare Spring Break activities.  Fail! So much came up that I didn't get around to it. We were on the go so much that we would never would have had the time anyways. The kids did get to see Rio 2 though.

Health and fitness.  Considering the busy week, I got in more than I thought I would. I'm crossing this off only because I feel like you can never fail at health and fitness as long as you aren't giving up.  I did splurge a little with my clean eating during Easter though.
  • Eat clean - for the most part, until Saturday Easter dinner at my Dad's house. 
  • Drink 80 oz of water a day - during the week. 
  • Run 6 miles - I ran 4 
  • 100 push-ups for the week - DONE! I did 125
  • 200 sit ups for the week - I did 125
  • 300 squats for the week - I did 225
  • Work on pull ups - didn't get to it. I can only do this at the park because I don't have a bar.
  • Step out and move about - I was outside a lot but not being as active as I should have been. 

Read a book. I read A Fault in Our Stars and it was so good. I can't wait for the movie now!

Visit my Grandmother. Sadly, my Grandmother passed away this past week. I am just grateful I was able to see her before her passing and to let her know how much I love her. We buried her yesterday, Easter Sunday. 

Celebrate Easter with my Dad and Step-Mom.

Take Mackenzie to get her eyes checked.  She is now sporting a new pair of glasses and she can successfully completer her driver's education class.

Start a cleaning schedule.  Too busy for it. :(

Bible Study with the kids. We didn't get to Family Bible Study, but we did lots of praying this week before and after my Grandmother passed.

Finish Easter baskets.  Done! They were the cutest! I wanted to share them here in a blog post but I just couldn't find the time. I purchased a large terra cotta pot for each of my 3 youngest children and filled them with a watering can, garden shovel, gardening gloves, organic seeds to plant, bubbles, chalk, and some candy. You can check it out on my Instagram!

Mini Date with Jason.  It was simple all right! We didn't even get coffee like I had hoped. But, it was just nice to get out without the kids for a bit.


this weeks wishes

Get the laundry caught up.  I have seriously considered throwing it all in baskets and carrying it up to the laundromat. I just want it done! Some people feel like they can't function with dirty dishes in the sink. Well, for me, it's laundry. It gives me major anxiety to see a giant pile of laundry and yet, there always seems to be one around here.

Health and fitness.  I like this little system I have going so I am going to keep at it.
  • Eat clean
  • Drink 80 oz of water a day
  • Run 6 miles 
  • 100 push-ups for the week
  • 200 sit ups for the week
  • 300 squats for the week
  • Work on pull ups. 
  • Step out and move about

Read a book. I was going back and forth between two books I wanted to read next, but I think I am gonna just choose a book on my Kindle app first. I have a few books that I want to read but keep putting off.  This week I am going to just go with Gone Girl, another book I have had for over a year and think it's time to read before the movie hits theaters.

Help my Mom with my Grandmother's stuff.  It seemed so soon to be going through my Grandmother's stuff, but since she lives in an area that has had a few robberies, including her house twice, my mom, aunt, and uncle want to get a move on things ASAP. Since my relatives live in Georgia, it's not easy for them to make a quick drive up, so it's important to them to get it done. 

Start a cleaning schedule.  Let's try this one again! You either love or hate Flylady for cleaning. I personally love it and have been very successful with using the Flylady methods in the past. I purchased her book last year, which I recommend for starting out because the website can be a bit overwhelming. I would like to get back on track and maintain a clean home so that we can spend more time outside playing with the kids, instead of inside cleaning.

Bible Study with the kids.  Let's try this one again too!

Finish our Fairy Garden. We started a fairy garden with the kids last week. Ever since seeing the movie Epic, months and months ago, the kids have wanted to build one. We finally got around to it! Yeah, I know the movie isn't really about fairies, but that's what they call them.


The Nectar Collective


Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | Email


Be sure to visit this month's featured sponsor.
Related Posts with Thumbnails